At Newbury College we are committed to creating a flexible and supportive learning environment for all of our students. We aim to provide support that will allow individuals to access College, achieve their learning goals and reach their full potential.
TYPES OF SUPPORT WE OFFER
- Curriculum Support Assistants in some vocational courses.
- Independent Learning Study support for assignment writing.
- 1:1 or small group sessions with Learner Support Tutors.
- Dyslexia assessments and support.
- Provision of access arrangements such as extra time, readers and scribes, modified resources.
- Retention, achievement and progress monitoring.
An opportunity to contribute
West Berkshire Council would like to obtain feedback about how Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP) are working for children, young people and families in West Berkshire for 2022-23. To support this aim, young people/students who have an EHCP (or receive SEN support) and their parents/carers are asked to contribute their views.
If you are a student and would like support to complete the survey in College, please speak to your Progression and Academic Support Coach (PASC).
Your feedback will be used to help improve the way that people get support where you live and across the country.