Accessibility statement for “Newbury College”, “University Centre Newbury” and “Study Online powered by Newbury College”.
This website is run by Newbury College. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts (using “Immersive Reader” or browser plugins)
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- third-party “Chat Bot” application is not fully accessible. The developer of this product has been contacted, and updates will be implemented as soon as they are available
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website:
- call 01635 845000
We’ll consider your request and get back to you.
Call or email us for directions if you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Newbury College is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
- WCAG 2.1.1 Keyboard - Home: Chat box is not accessible using the keyboard (In progress. To be reviewed August 2023)
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 18 November 2022. It was last reviewed on 18 November 2022. This website was last tested on 18 November 2022. The test was carried out using Deque Axe.