T Level Digital Support Services
A T Level in Digital Support Services will boost your knowledge in a range of topics such as programming, coding, the use of data and the different platforms of delivery in the digital industry. It's a cutting-edge subject, so you'll also learn about the potential security risks that organisations can face and how to analyse problems and identify solutions through computer programs.
I have learnt invaluable lessons throughout my time at UCN and I will carry these skills with me throughout my career in the Creative Industries. More...
HNC in Graphic Design
The practical work and the chance to use the computer software in a more in-depth programme was the reason I chose to study at Newbury College. I enjoy being able to be creative in my learning.
While studying at Newbury College and University Centre Newbury, I gained the confidence to explore different subject areas until I found the right course to support my future career. I recently completed my Graphic Design HND, during which I have had the opportunity to work on live projects, gaining valuable experience while studying. More...
Graphic Design HND
Since leaving the College I have worked for various companies around the South East, including design agencies, print and digital marketing companies, start-ups and charities. More...
Apprenticeship in IT
In undertaking the HNC Graphic Design course I feel that I have been able to develop both my skills and knowledge to a level which would be required in the commercial environment. It has been a lot of work, but totally worth the end result. More...
HNC in Graphic Design
You will develop a general understanding of digital:
- how digital technologies impact business and market environment
- the ethical and moral implications of digital technology
- using data in software design
- using digital technologies to analyse and solve problems
- digital environments, including physical, virtual and cloud environments
- legal and regulatory obligations relating to digital technologies
- the privacy and confidentiality of personal data
- the technical, physical and human aspects of internet security
- planning digital projects
- testing software, hardware and data
- digital tools for project management and collaboration You will also learn about topics specific to digital support services, including:
- roles within the digital support services sector
- communication in digital support services
- fault analysis and problem resolution
Maths and English Level 4 or above along with an interest in digital technologies and data.
An interest in computing, digital technologies and data will be an advantage.
T Level Digital Services Support
Following a T Level, you could progress straight into a skilled profession or continue your studies with a degree or higher apprenticeship. Career options might include an Infrastructure Technician or a role in IT Support.
T Level assessment combines examinations in the core skills, with a practical skills test for the occupational specialisms developed in practice. Assessments come in different forms, giving you the opportunity to develop key skills and behaviours tailored to your employment. Group work, portfolios, and practical projects set by employers are just a few of the many ways you can show how your knowledge has developed.
An average of 3 hours per week.
The T Level includes 9 weeks (45 days) minimum with an employer on an industry placement. The placement will provide you with real experience of the workplace.