Study Online is powered by Newbury College and provides a wide range of flexible courses to study from home, at work or on the go.
The name Newbury College is well known regionally for offering high quality, vocational qualifications for young people and adults. Study Online extends that offer across the UK, providing flexible, online study programmes for career development and personal enrichment.
How are these courses free?
Our Level 2 and Level 3 Study Online courses are funded by the Skills Funding Agency. The programmes include the main qualification and a short, additional workbook that allows us to draw the government funding.
Courses are available for FREE to UK/EU nationals aged 19 and over, who agree to take their qualification as part of a Study Online Programme. The programme includes the main qualification and a short, additional workbook.
To qualify for free Study Online courses, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have lived in the UK/EU for the past 3 years
- Live in an eligible (non-devolved) area of England
- Be aged 19 or over at the start of the academic year (31 August)
- Not currently be undertaking another funded course or apprenticeship
- Meet the entry requirements for the course
Students who fail to complete their programme within the agreed timeframe may have to pay fees.
There may be an additional charge for work-based assessment visits and other costs. You will be advised of any additional charges before enrolment.
Please note that only one Study Online course may be taken at a time. However, you are encouraged to progress to the next level or a different subject of study after finishing your programme.
Study Online courses are available across England.
We are currently unable to offer free Study Online courses in the following areas:
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Greater London
- Liverpool City Region
- North of Tyne
- Sheffield City Region (from August 2021)
- Tees Valley
- West of England - Bath, Bristol, North East Somerset, South Gloucestershire
- West Midlands
- West Yorkshire (from August 2021)
Contact us to see if your postcode is eligible.